Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Let's Relieve Stress Together!


October 10, 2019
Dear Friends,

The only thought that comes to my mind as I sit here thinking about writing, is how stressed many of you have been in recent weeks. Sometimes you tell me about a problem at home or at work; sometimes the state of the world weighs heavy on you; sometimes you express apprehension about what is happening in your body. I want you to know that you are listened to and that you are heard!
There is a clear connection between the function of the body and the state of your mind (thoughts) and your spirit. The thoughts that race around in our heads influence the neurotransmitters that direct the body's function. In turn, the way we feel, our emotions and outlook are also affected. I will not try giving a physiology lesson with every particular function and formula, but research in the lab and in practice advances our knowledge of this inter-connectedness. You have probably observed how a perfect cup of tea or the fresh breeze and sunshine on your face will set a mood for the rest of the day -- less tension and stiffness will follow. A smile comes out of "nowhere" and the day is simply better. The physical, mental and emotional realms are intertwined.
Offering you my ear, my sympathy, my advice and the best adjustment I can perform is how I hope to help you, your family and friends to navigate the stress we each face everyday. Please don't hesitate to call on me or my wonderful staff even if you are not sure we have the answer to your stress. We will always do the best we can to help you, to cheer you on or to steer you in the right direction. Let us relieve stress together!
Office hours are Tuesday, Thursday, and  Friday 9 - 1 and 3 -6 and Saturdays 9 - 1. Call 201-525-0707 to make an appointment with Jolanta, Joan, or Debi.
All the best and we'll see you soon!
Carmel-Ann Mania, D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment